WHAT IS JUVÉDERM?
Juvéderm is an FDA-approved gel used to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and sagging areas of the skin. It is composed of Hyaluronic acid, a natural sugar present in the body. As we age, the amount of hyaluronic acid in our skin decreases, causing hollowing out, sagging and wrinkles.
JUVÉDERM® XC is used around the nose and mouth with results lasting up to 1 year.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is used in your cheek area, giving you a beautiful lift for up to 2 years.*
It’s time to defy gravity!
Young skin is smooth, plump and full. As we age, our faces begin hollowing out around the eyes and cheeks, and creases develop between the bottoms of our noses and mouths (called nasolabial folds).
Juvéderm can take years off your face by enhancing eye hollows, plumping up cheek volume, smoothing the nasolabial folds and reducing acne scarring.*
What does Juvéderm treatment involve?
A Juvéderm treatment requires only a brief office visit. You may wear your normal clothing to your treatment.
When you arrive for your treatment, your nurse may numb your skin to reduce discomfort during the treatment. You may receive a numbing injection, a numbing cream or a cold spray on your skin. Next, a nurse will use a fine needle to inject the Juvéderm cosmetic into your skin.
Will I feel pain during my Juvéderm session?
Some people experience the sensation of pinpricks. However, the Juvéderm product you receive may contain a local anesthetic. Check with your nurse to find out if your product contains the anesthetic. If it does not, you may request a numbing cream or cold spray to reduce discomfort during the procedure.
What will I look like after treatment, and how soon will I see results?
After treatment, you may experience bruising and swelling at the injection site. This should fade within 7 days.
Usually you will begin to see positive results immediately after treatment.
Is there downtime after treatment?
There is very little downtime after a Juvéderm treatment. We do recommend that you refrain from strenuous exercise, excessive sun or heat and alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after treatment. Your nurse may also suggest applying ice packs to the treatment areas, to lessen bruising and swelling.
Will I need to repeat the treatment?
Yes, you will need to repeat the treatment every 1 to 2 years, depending on the treatment area.
Subsequent injections are usually smaller in volume than the initial injection.
Who should not receive Juvéderm treatment?
While Juvéderm treatment is a completely safe procedure, there are some individuals who should check with their doctor before receiving the cosmetic.
This includes those who are:
- Under The Age of 18
- Taking aspirin, ibuprophen or naproxen or other substances that may thin the blood
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR JUVEDERM, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
- JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for areas other than the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, or facial wrinkles and folds, have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. With JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and last 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, side effects were predominantly mild or moderate, with a duration of 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, or JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
Please also visit Juvederm.com for more information
HOW DOES JUVÉDERM TREATMENT WORK?
After being injected under the skin, Juvéderm works by retaining water at the site and cushioning the area. It will temporarily plump up and add volume to the skin, giving the skin a smoother appearance.
Juvéderm turns back the clock to recapture the fresh face of youth through plumping the skin, lifting the cheeks and smoothing scarring. The volume lost through aging is replaced with natural, long-lasting results.*
Members Get Free Treatments
Our memberships are designed to give you a consistent and personalized regimen to attain your anti-aging and skin care goals.
When you sign up for one of our three memberships, you receive one, two or unlimited free treatments per month.
By purchasing a membership, you also receive additional treatments at a discount.
AND – Botox is discounted to $11.99 per unit.
What our Clients Say
“Highly recommend! All of the services are amazing and everyone is so friendly. I purchased the monthly membership plan and it has been SO worth the investment, and is SUCH a good price for all the services included.”Beth K
West Des Moines, IA
“I love this place, this is my ME time! I have had a number of facial and treatments from skin body soul, including micrconeedling, hydrafacial, scuplsure treatment, pca chemical peel. I have been a fan of all of it!”Danielle S.
Des Moines, IA
““My lashes have gotten thinner and more sparse. That’s why I asked my optometrist about LATISSE®, hoping that it would help my lashes grow.Now that my lashes are longer and darker, I’m doing more to draw attention to my eyes; I cut my hair shorter and I’m even wearing my contacts more just to show them off.” ”CINDY
““Being a blonde, I’ve always had light brown lashes with some blonde ones mixed in, which, as you can imagine, just disappeared on my face. They didn’t even show up in photographs! But since I have been using LATISSE®, my lashes are noticeably darker than my previous shade, which is fantastic! Without a doubt, I have become a believer in LATISSE®!” ”JENNY
“I have been seeing Cassie for over 2 years once a month! I had acne scars and a terrible complexion. I now can go out comfortably without feeling like I need to wear all the makeup! It’s incredible how much my skin has changed. I get compliments all the time! I wish I could see her every day.”Meg G
West Des Moines, IA
Awards & Accreditations